I earn more than my partner, should I contribute more to our joint mortgage?

Tension: The experts suggest to keep financial affairs separate until the relationship becomes long-term
From a 5CEB reader:
I am 35 and earn double the salary of my partner. In the past it has not been a problem but now it is beginning to cause some tension. 
We have lived together for just over a year and with all the emphasis on savings I want to put some money away for a rainy day but my boyfriend thinks as I earn more I could contribute more to our joint mortgage. 
It worries me that I don’t have any savings and that as a woman I should be putting some aside towards my pension. How do I sort out our household imbalance? Your experts’ advice may help resolve rows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DANGOTE- I GOT MY FIRST PRIVATE JET AT 22