Who am I to judge gays – Pope Francis

Pope Francis declared on Monday that it was not his place to judge homosexuals and said they should not be marginalised but condemned the gay lobby as a “serious problem”.
The remarks — made to journalists as he flew back to Rome from a trip to Brazil — appeared to be more conciliatory towards homosexuals than his predecessor Benedict XVI.

“If someone is gay and seeks the Lord with good will, who am I to judge?” he said

“The problem is not having this orientation, it is lobbying. That’s the most serious problem I think.”
Francis had to field questions about Battista Ricca, who was appointed by the pontiff to a key position at the troubled Vatican bank, but is embroiled in allegations that he had gay relationships with male prostitutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Britain bids farewell to Margaret Thatcher

Militants kill another two in Bayelsa